Monday, February 06, 2012

Occupy DC Movement


I’ve been bad at keeping this blog up to date, but am going to begin doing a better job. It will probably be a mix of photos that I take along with some commentary about issues of international development and other things.

So, I will kick-off with some photos of the Occupy D.C. movement in D.C. The local Washington D.C. government and the U.S. Park Police have been pretty flexible on letting protesters stay camping in McPherson Square and Freedom Plaza, but have been growing tired of the tactics and behavior of some of the protestors. These photos show some tense moments in the life of the camp at McPherson Square over the last few weeks. I am personally divided of how I feel about the Occupy movement. On one hand, I support the ideals of the Occupy movement, since I am most certainly a member of the 99-percent, and am having problems finding a full-time job. On the other hand, the actions of a few are turning me away from the movement. Those who are participating also seem to have no sense of organization, no real action plan, besides camping out. Anyways, here are a few photos from the past two weekends.










No comments: